- Earn you extra income now and in the future
- Establish your reputation as an expert
- Result in increased speaking invitations and fees, and more clients.
- Leave a legacy and make a contribution to others
- I don’t have enough time
- I am a nobody, who would want to buy my book?
- I am disorganized or ADD.
- I don’t have anything original to say.
- I have lots of ideas, but I am not sure what my book (or my first book) should be about.
- Now is not the right time. I’ll wait until I have lots of time, the right computer, have done all the research, know everything about my topic, fix up a writing space, the kids leave home, I retire, etc.
- I wouldn’t know where to start.
From Clueless, Scattered and Too Busy to Write to Being an Author and Making an Impact
I know how to get a book written and published and I’ll help you!
What Has Stopped You From Writing and Publishing Your Book?
Get Over Your Barriers and Fears and Get Published This Year
- I’m too busy (You and everyone else. If you want something done, as they say, give it to a busy person. If you can write five emails a day, you can write the same amount of words on your book per day and have it finished in months.
- I’m a nobody! Who would buy or read my book? (Most authors start off as unknowns. I’ll bet you don’t know the names of the authors of many books you have bought and enjoyed. I will show you how to make yourself and your book more visible in this course. And I have created another bonus mini-course about becoming a recognized expert and becoming more visible that will help with that.)
- I don’t know where to start. (That is true for anything new you tackle. Luckily I do know where to start and will show you exactly where in this course.)
- I’m not sure my book is commercial enough. (I will show you how to shape your book to make it commercial without selling your soul or changing the essence of the book.)
- I’m ADD or disorganized. (I’m prone to disorganization and impulsiveness too and have discovered ways to manage that and get over 30 books written and published. I’ll share with you my methods and secrets for writing quickly and focusing yourself and your book.)
- I have lots of ideas, but I am not sure if I have a book or which idea I should write about. (That is where I started, with five book ideas. I will show you how to take the mass of ideas you have, figure out which one will be the easiest, fastest and best to write and craft it into a coherent book.)
What Is This Book Writing and Publishing Course?
There are two ways to take the course:
- Module 1
Focusing and Positioning Your Book So It’s Easier To Write and Sell
- Four tricks to help make writing a book seem less daunting
- How to use the 5 Ps to discover the book that only you can write
- How to focus your book so that it will be faster to write
- Why narrowing your target audience will make your book easier to sell to a publisher
- How to come up with a unique slant for your book so that a publisher can instantly see its value
- How to use the bestselling Book Title Formula to choose a title that instantly attracts readers, agents and publishers
- Nine methods to focus your book that will have you so excited, you will be eager to get started writing it
- Module 2
Outlining and Structuring Your Book So It’s Faster to Write and More Readable
- How to take all your knowledge and quickly get it organized into a coherent book
- The Chapter One Formula to start your book off with a bang
- How to Make the XYZ Outlining Process to remove the biggest barriers to writing your book
- How to use the Plug-In Four-Step Sequencing Method to create a structure for your book without even trying
- Module 3
Writing Your Book Quickly (In Months Instead of Years) In The Midst of a Busy Life and Distractions
- 12 Rapid Writing Methods: Discover the one that’s right for you
- How to Use The Index Card Method so you can quickly rearrange the structure of your book
- Three ways to efficiently collect your ideas on the fly so you don’t lose your sudden brainstorm
- The Five Minute a Day Method so that you can squeeze into your already-too-busy-life
- Four approaches to writing that will keep you from getting overwhelmed before you start
- How to use the Non-StopWriting Technique to bypass your critical mind and get more writing done
- Module 4
Writing Well So Your Book Is Captivating for Readers
- How to tell a great story so that your reader won’t be able to put your book down
- The one thing you must always do to turn from book from average to great
- How to crack the code on what constitutes good writing
- How to channel your own voice
- How to get into a state of flow to eliminate the struggle in writing your book
- Module 5
Building A Persuasive Platform To Sell Your Book To Agents, Publishers and Readers
- Why having a platform is important if you self publish (and essential if you are seeking a publisher and an agent)
- The five building blocks that make up a platform that will impress agents and publishers and make them more likely to want your book
- A simple way to discover unrecognized ways you already have to get the word about your book out
- The ten small steps to building your platform week by week so that by the time you offer you book, it will sell itself
- How to use other people’s platforms who are more well known than you are to help sell your book
- An introvert’s guide to marketing a book
- How to market your book without sounding sleazy
- Module 6
Creating a Compelling Proposal To Sell Your Book Before You Finish It
- Why you need a book proposal (even if you self publish)
- The nine elements of a kick-ass proposal that will sell your book to agents and publishers
- Why you should never write your whole book before you sell it
- How to use my fill-in-the-blanks Proposal Template to save you months of time and make sure your proposal is complete
- Two of my sample proposals that sold for tens of thousands of dollars you can use as your model of what works and to make your proposal more compelling
- Module 7
Finding And Landing An Agent To Get The Best Publisher and Deal For Your Book
- Why agents are crucial for finding the right publisher for your book (and getting the most money in advance)
- How agents make money for your book in ways you never would have known about
- How to find and land an agent for your book (and when you don’t need one)
- How to spot and avoid agents who are out to scam you
- My list of ten pre-screened exceptional literary agents to contact for your book
- Module 8
Deciding Your Direction For Publication To Find the Best Outlet for Your Book’s Success
- The four pathways to a published book
- The pros and cons of self publishing
- The benefits and drawbacks of finding a publisher
- The quick decision guide for determining whether seeking a publisher is the right move for you (and when it isn’t the right move)
- The 20-step process for self-publishing your book with the least amount of hassle and expense (for less then $500)
What Will The Course Do For You?
- Focus Your Book (to make it easier and quicker to write and more likely to sell)
- Overcome Barriers To Writing (and get your book done in record time even if you’re busy)
- Structure Your Book and Chapters
- Write Your Book Quickly: The 12 rapid writing methods
- Write Well (even if you’re not a natural or skilled writer)
- Easily Develop a Platform and Visibility To Sell Your Book
- Write and Submit Your Proposal (and why you should write one even if you self-publish)
- Decide Whether To Self-Publish Or Seek a Publisher
- Attract and Land An Agent (and when you really don’t need one)
- Self-Publish Quickly, Easily and Inexpensively
- Avoid the 3 Top Reasons a Book is Rejected and Doesn’t Sell